“A LADY AWAKENED” Sweepstakes
A Lady Awakened Sweepstakes
These terms and conditions (“Official Rules”) govern the “A Lady Awakened Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) which is sponsored by The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. (the “Sponsor.”) All determinations and decisions of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, and these Official Rules, shall be final and binding for all purposes and Sponsor has the sole and exclusive discretion and judgment in all matters regarding the administration, operation and conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is, and shall hereafter be, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
1.Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, who are able and prepared to document that they are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
The Sweepstakes is not open to officers, directors, employees, or agents of Sponsor, or its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, or any of the immediate family members (including, without limitation, spouse, parent(s), child(ren), sibling(s) of such individuals, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those persons, whether or not related, living in the same households of such individuals. By submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
All entrants, including winners, must comply with all laws, regulations and requirements that apply to their participation, entry or selection as a winner.
In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account from which the entry was submitted. For purposes of these Official Rules, “authorized holder of the e-mail account” means the natural person assigned (by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses in the relevant domain) to the email address associated with such account.
2. Entry Period. The period during which an Eligible Entry (defined in Paragraph 4) may be submitted shall commence at 12:01 AM (Eastern Standard Time) on December 4, 2011 and end at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on December 27, 2011 (the “Entry Period.”) Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period shall be considered void.
3. To Enter. During the Entry Period, visit the Romance at Random website at www.romanceafterrandom.com and fill out the sweepstakes entry form. The information required on the entry form is your name, mailing address, email address, age and daytime telephone number. If you enter, attempt to enter, and/or participate in this Sweepstakes you will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor all forms and documents, releases and agreements specifically requested and required hereunder, as well as any additional documents reasonably required by Sponsor.
4. Eligible Entry. An “Eligible Entry” means an entry submitted by an eligible person (see Paragraph 1 above) that includes the entrant’s name, mailing address, email address, age and daytime telephone number. Any entry that is incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, not viewable, not submitted during the Entry Period, not submitted by an eligible entrant, or in any way not in conformity or in compliance with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules is not an Eligible Entry and is therefore subject to disqualification by Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per person.
By entering, entrant acknowledges understanding and acceptance of, and promises compliance with, these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are illegible, incomplete, lost, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, mutilated or misdirected, or for printing, typographical or other errors in these Official Rules or any other Sweepstakes-related materials, or for any problems or technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials contained in this Sweepstakes or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Winners or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at Sponsor’s sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any manner. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sponsor’s website page, www.romanceatrandom.com. In the event that termination occurs because tampering is suspected or a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, another potential Winner may be selected from among all non-suspect, Eligible Entries received prior to the termination or cancellation. Entries that have been tampered with or altered will be deemed void. The use of any system or agent to submit entries in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith; or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection. For each calendar week during the Entry Period, ten (10) Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during that calendar week for a total of forty (40) Winners. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Notification of Winners will occur on or after the conclusion of the Entry Period via the email address or mailing address provided in the entry. Any Winner’s failure to acknowledge receipt/acceptance of the Prize within five (5) days after notification is sent by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification of the Winner without further notice, and in such case an alternate Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible Entrants.
6. Prize. Each Winner will receive one (1) Advance Reader’s Ebook edition of A LADY AWAKENED by Cecilia Grant. The Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to substitute for the Prize (or any portion thereof) another prize of comparable or greater value. The total approximate retail value of the Prizes is Three Hundred Nineteen Dollars and Sixty Cents ($319.60.)
In order to be declared the Winner, the potential Winner may be required to sign (a) an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, including a release in favor of Sponsor and its parents, partners, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, advertising agencies and the shareholders, officers, directors, employees and agents (“Related Parties”) of the foregoing, releasing the Sponsor and Related Parties from any and all liability, losses, claims, demands and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any personal injury and/or property damage, theft, loss, or any other damage or harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes and (b) except to the extent prohibited by law or regulation, a promotional release granting Sponsor and Related Parties, the right to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, for advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, without notice and without consideration or compensation, in any and all forms of media and communications now known or hereafter developed. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes an agreement to sign all such releases (unless prohibited by law) and all documents required by Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. No Representation or Warranty by Sponsor. Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees with respect to the merchantability, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose of the Prize or any component of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the Winner releases and discharges Sponsor and Related Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Prize, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind.
8. General. The laws of the State of New York shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of these Official Rules and this Sweepstakes. The courts of the State of New York and the Federal courts located in New York County shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction of any controversies regarding these Official Rules and this Sweepstakes, and all entrants submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts, including any objection that the forum is inconvenient.
9. Winner’s Name. For the name of the Sweepstakes Winner, send a written request, together with a self-
addressed, stamped envelope, to:
The Random House Publishing Group
New York, New York 10019
Attn: Susan Grimshaw
Re: A Lady Awakened Sweepstakes
10. Sponsorship. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., 1745 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.