WINNERS ANNOUNCED Release Week #Giveaway! – A Kiss of Lies <3 Why I fell in love with the Libertine Scholars – Bronwen Evans
Happy Release Day to Bronwen Evans, today we’re celebrating her book, A KISS OF LIES, and offering a #Giveaway — good luck! And now, here’s Bron:
Let me introduce you to the Libertine Scholars, the six heroes in my new Regency historical romance series, Disgraced Lords. They met at school, going through to Oxford together. Due to their appetite for learning, coupled with their rakish seductions, they earned the nickname The Libertine Scholars. They’re lords who are definitely loveable rogues, and who use their brains for more than just carousing. There is nothing sexier than an intelligent, handsome man.
However, all is not well with the Libertine Scholars. During book #1 A KISS OF LIES, they uncover a plot to destroy them. A villain is doing their utmost to kill the six men – why? It takes them a while to understand the villain’s motivation. I don’t want to give too much away, but a sin from the past raises it’s ugly head. Maybe I best leave you to read book #1, A KISS OF LIES, and find out who and why someone wishes to destroy them.
I’ll let Tammy’s wonderful review explain the journey Christian Trent, Earl of Markham, my hero in A Kiss of Lies, goes on…
Christian Trent, the Earl of Markham and a member of a group of rakes called the Libertine Scholars is scarred from burns he received during the war and believes no one will ever love him. He has now been framed for a crime he did not commit and tossed on a boat to Canada with nothing to verify his identity. While in Canada he becomes the ward of a little girl named Lily, and now that he is ready to go back to England and restore his name, he needs a governess to help care for her. Sarah is running for her life. She has killed her abusive husband and needs to get out of the country. Luckily for her she has the proper refinement to take on the role as governess to this little girl, and escape her fate of being hanged. These two damaged souls find one another, but can they trust one another enough to find happiness with the enemy closing in from both sides?
Each book in the series progresses the men’s hunt for their nemesis, while they meet the extraordinary women who steal their hearts.
I have a lot of work to do, keeping these men in line. They’re impatient to learn the identity of their enemy. I’ll be spending most of 2014 with them. However, they’re great company. I love a keen mind and a mystery to solve, but coupled with good looks, smoldering sensuality and a sense of humor, how can any woman resist the Libertine Scholars? May I formally introduce them to you?
1. Christian Trent, the Earl of Markham is the hero in book #1 A KISS OF LIES on sale from today. Christian is a wounded war hero, a gorgeous rake who is faced with confronting who he is, now that he’s been badly burned at Waterloo. His world has been turned upside down as Christian struggles for a new identity. He can no longer use his beauty to glide through life. He has to look deeper inside himself and find out what’s at the core of him as a man. What can he find within himself to make his way in the world?
2. Sebastian Hawkestone, the Marquis of Coldhurst, the hero in book #2 A PROMISE OF MORE (Apr 2014), is a very popular and handsome rake who has the ability to understand and empathize with people. He notices seemingly insignificant details about them and their lives, and easily gets inside people’s heads. He’s able to draw conclusions from them and use the information to his own advantage – especially where woman are concerned. He’s the ultimate seducer.
3. Grayson Devlin, Viscount Blackwood, book #3, A TOUCH OF PASSION. He’s a big, gorgeous rake with a heart of gold. The man who tries to look tough on the outside but is, in fact, marshmallow inside. He’d do anything for anyone and fiercely protects those he loves with his life.
4. Maitland Spencer, the Duke of Lyttleton, book #4, A WHISPER OF DESIRE. Maitland is one of my favorite Libertine Scholars. He’s a masculine version of Temperance Brennan from Bones. He’s a mathematical genius, making him England’s most successful card player. But he is deemed cold and distant, emotionally withdrawn, and due to his intelligence he has trouble connecting with people.
5. Hadley Fullerton, younger brother of the Duke of Claymore, book #5 A TASTE OF SEDUCTION. Hadley has, what we term in the Regency period ‘the spare’ syndrome. His only role in life is to be ready to step up if anything should happen to his elder brother. He has little if any self-worth and does everything he can to put himself in harm’s way. Danger is his middle name. He sees no purpose to his life, so doesn’t value it.
6. Arend Aubury, Baron Labourd book #6, A NIGHT OF FOREVER. The end. Arend is the man you love despite his gruff persona. He’s a French exile with a huge chip on his shoulder. His family fled France in 1789 during the revolution, and they lost their estates and wealth. Upon reaching manhood, he’s not had the luxury to be the playboy rake. He had to work hard to restore his family’s wealth and standing in England. He’s serious and determined. He still doesn’t feel accepted here, and with the war against Napoleon, he feels like an outsider in the country he’s spent most of his life in. He longs for acceptance.
Gosh, even I’m finding it difficult to pick my favorite. I must admit I’m already in love with Christian (A Kiss of Lies) mainly because he’s suffered more than most, but has found the strength to survive and open his heart.
Who’s do you think will be your favorite Libertine Scholar and why?
Enter to win here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About the Author:
Bronwen Evans grew up loving books. She has always indulged her love of storytelling and is constantly gobbling up movies, books, and theater. Is it any wonder she’s a proud romance writer? Evans is a two-time winner of the RomCon Readers’ Crown and has been nominated for an RT Reviewers’ Choice Award. She lives in Wellington, New Zealand.
Buy her book here –
In Bronwen Evans’s Loveswept debut, a pair of damaged souls ignite each other’s deepest passions—even as they tempt fate by deceiving the world.
Desperate to escape her abusive past, Sarah Cooper disguises herself as a governess in the employ of Christian Trent, Earl of Markham, the man who, long ago, she fantasized about marrying. Despite the battle scars that mar his face, Sarah finds being near Christian rekindles her infatuation. A governess, however, has no business in the arms of an earl, and as she accompanies Christian on his voyage home, Sarah must resist her intense desires—or risk revealing her dangerous secrets.
One of the renowned Libertine Scholars, Christian Trent once enjoyed the company of any woman he chose. But that was before the horrors of Waterloo, his wrongful conviction of a hideous crime, and his forcible removal from England. Far from home and the resources he once had, Christian believes the life he knew—and any chance of happiness—is over . . . until his ward’s governess sparks his heart back to life, and makes him remember the man he used to be. Now Christian is determined to return to England, regain his honor, and win the heart of the woman he has come to love.
Praise for Bronwen Evans and A Kiss of Lies
“Bronwen’s historical romances always make the top of my reading list!”—New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jen McLaughlin
“The flow of the story is magnificent, as are the characters, who have admirable depths of complexity.”—Buried Under Romance
“A Kiss of Lies is one of those books that made me laugh and cry. In its sensual and tender moments, it brought tears to my eyes, and the witty banter between characters made me smile again and again. No one writes wounded characters who are healed by the power of love like Bronwen Evans. This is a book sure to touch your heart.”—Bestselling author Shana Galen
“Absolutely riveting; a veritable page-turner. Fresh and delightful, with just that shade of darkness to up the stakes and keep the reader intrigued. A definite must-read!”—Zee Monodee
“I love this book and look so forward to reading anything and everything from Bronwen Evans.”—Book Lovin Junkie
“Evans is an engaging, talented historical romance author. A must read!”—My Book Addiction